Residential Client Guide
We advocate for energy sustainability and informed energy investment decisions. We want to make your journey to solar energy easy and hassle-free.
We can provide a holistic overview of your energy system, including:
- Assessing your past and current energy usage from bills
- Providing an overview of your energy efficiency and management status
- Assessing the potential for solar energy (rooftop PV) production on your residence
- Providing options for solar system financing
- Offering impartial assessment of external solar system quotes
- Project managing your solar installation
- Recommending trusted local suppliers for your solar system installation
We are an impartial consultancy and broker. We have access to a large network of local Clean Energy Council (CEC) certified installers and a number of quality system suppliers. If you request a no obligation visit, we can gather the necessary information, assess any existing quotes you have received and make our recommendations on the best way to proceed on your solar journey.
The Solar Journey
Investing in a residential solar energy system is an investment in both the planet and your pocket.
There are several reasons why solar system on your residence could be beneficial, including:
- Reducing your carbon footprint
- Immediate and long-term energy savings
- Eliminate or drastically reduce electricity bills
- Access to financial incentives to subsidise the cost of build (through Small-scale Technology Certificates, or STCs)
- Access to build cost finance options
- Extremely generous feed-in tariffs for residential systems
- Secure 20–30 year return on investment
- Increase your property value
- Mitigate future increases in electricity cost
When it comes to residential solar installations, household owners are presented with a bewildering range of options and information. It is our job to clarify your needs, steer you away from potential traps for purchasers, and ensure you get maximum value and security from your solar purchase. We provide services that value quality engineering and components, and aim to offer our services at a price point that is competitive for a long-lasting quality system with full local maintenance support, should you require it.
Why Great Power Solutions?
- We are a local, experienced business that puts your energy system needs first
- We specialise in systems built for Territory conditions
- We help with assessment, design, and installation of your solar PV system
- We help you make informed investment decisions
- We help with build financing
- We offer ongoing local support for your energy system
Potential Traps to Watch
Interstate or inexperienced operators unfamiliar with the Territory may supply or endorse solar systems that are not designed to withstand NT weather conditions. Having locally-based technicians to service your installation, should anything go wrong, can be particularly important following storms or cyclones. As such, we strongly recommend local suppliers and CEC-certified operators to install a quality system that is correctly engineered for NT conditions.
Our Quality Assurance
We offer a 5-year workmanship guarantee on any system designed and implemented by Great Power Solutions. Whilst individual manufacturer guarantees vary, we only use quality and well-regarded suppliers. Generally, this translates to a 20- to 25-year guarantee for solar system components.
We are completely impartial in our recommendations, and prioritise your system needs. We will gladly change supplier firms to customise your system to suit your requirements. We aim to maximise savings on your power bill and reduce potential payback times for your solar system, allowing you to reduce your carbon footprint while minimising costs.
The NT has one of the lowest uptakes of solar power in Australia. This was partly due to political ambivalence, lower power costs in the past making people unwilling to change and lack of reliable information available to consumers to make well-considered purchase decisions. With the arrival of Great Power Solutions free consultation and comparison service among our approved suppliers we take a lot of the worry away from you, still provide you with freedom of choice and are happy to back our team of reputable experienced local and certified installers and suppliers against anyone!
More questions or don’t want to read further?
We can arrange an appointment with you at a mutually convenient time and get to the essence of your requirements, queries and questions. Simply click here or call 0419 906 524 to book an appointment and we will be in touch and one of our representatives will visit for a completely cost-free consultation from which you can commence making the decision and decide if solar is right for you.